Conditions of Sale
Terms and Conditions (Revised 01.03.2018)
1. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser, at one increment above the second highest bid or reserve. Bids may be entered in the confidence that lots will be secured as cheaply as other bids, or reserve, permit. The placing of a bid constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions. We do not accept “Buy” bids.
2. Bidding is increased by the following increments:
Up to £50 - £1 , £50-£100 £2 , £100-£250 £5 , Over £250 £10, or at auctioneer’s discretion.
3. Estimates are conservative, and take into consideration any faults which may be present. A reserve of 80% estimate applies, and lower bids will not be accepted. All lots are offered by non VAT registered vendors, or registered traders selling on a tax inclusive basis. We operate the Global Accounting System.
4. A handling charge per lot of 10%.
5. Unsold lots are available at 80% estimate (unless a higher reserve applies) until 7 days after auction. Enquiries regarding realisations, unsolds etc., should NOT be made before the following day from the auction as this information will be unavailable.
6. An interest charge of 5% per month, or part month, will be applied to overdue accounts.
7. Philatelic Auctioneers Standard Terms and Conditions apply. A copy is available on request or at our office, Larger boxes below approx £60 may be viewed on the separate tables. Settlement may be made by cash and/or cheque or debit/credit cards.
Personal, Postal, Telephone, Email or Fax bids are accepted, subject to their receipt at our office by 9a.m. Lots purchased may only be returned if ‘not as described’ providing such action is taken strictly in accordance with clause 5(b) of the aforementioned Conditions of sale (i.e. written notice within 7 days of receipt, return of material within 30 days of auction). - Lots are NOT supplied ‘on approval’. We make every effort to ensure any problems are quickly and amicably resolved. - Lots will be forwarded within 7 office days of auction by the most practical and economical method. Bulkier sendings will be despatched by 48 hour carrier service. Postage or carrier/packaging/insurance costs shall be borne by the purchaser. Instructions to use less reliable alternatives will be adhered to, but at the buyers risk. We are conscious of the need to minimise this burden and high denomination commems will be used whenever possible. Settlement to be made within 7 days of receipt of Invoice. Photo or Fax copies may be provided in respect of suitable lots, on request. Images can also be found at www.stampgroup.net
PRE-SALE VIEWING IS AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
VENDOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
AUCTION OFFICE HOURS by appointment only - Telephone 01606 40047
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
The Auctioneer acts as ‘Agent’ only and shall not be liable for any default of the purchaser or Vendor
We do not levy a subscription but ask for at least one bid per 3 catalogues to ensure a continued supply.
New Raynes Stamp Co. Tel. 01606 40047
Fax: 01606 41584
Last Fax bid accepted is 9.30am on the auction day
Postal Address: 267 Middlewich Road, Northwich, CW9 7DR
Lots can be viewed on our website: www.stampgroup.net
Aston Hall Hotel: Worksop Rd, Aston, Sheffield S26 2EE